About Central Amherst Travel Teams
In addition to offering an outstanding house league experience for its players, Central Amherst Little League sponsors travel teams at the 8U level and up. Players are encouraged to try out at the youngest age level they are eligible to play at.
There is an extra cost to participate on Central Amherst Travel Teams.
2022 TRAVEL TEAM TRYOUT DATES
16U Team (Kids born between 5/1/05 and 4/30/06)
Tryout Date: Wednesday, August 4th, at 6:00 pm at Amherst High School Varsity Field on Westmoreland Road
14U Team (Kids born between 5/1/07 and 4/30/08)
Tryout Date: August 3rd at 6:00 at
13U Team (Kids born between 5/1/08 and 4/30/09)
Tryout Date #1: August 12th at 6 pm at Amherst High School Varsity Field on Westmoreland Road
Tryout Date #2: August 14th at 9:00 a.m. Amherst High School Varsity Field on Westmoreland Road
12U Team (Kids born between 5/1/09 and 4/30/10)
Tryout Date #1: Wednesday, August 11, 6:00 pm (Majors Field)
Tryout Date #2: Thursday, August 19, 6:00 pm (Majors Field)
11U Teams (Kids born between 5/1/10 and 4/30/11)
| Jeff Galas
Tryout Date: Friday, August 13th (Majors Field) at 6:00 p.m.
10U Teams (Kids born between 5/1/11 and 4/30/12)
Tryout Date #1: Tuesday, August 10, 6:00-8:00 pm (AAA Field)
Tryout Date #2: Tuesday, August 17, 6:00-8:00 pm (AAA Field)
9U Teams (Kids born between 5/1/12 and 4/30/13)
Sign up Sheet
Tryout Date #1: Thursday, July 29, 5:30-8:00 pm
Tryout Date #2: TBA
8U Team (Kids born between 5/1/13 and 4/30/14)
Tryout Date: Tuesday, August 17, 6:00-8:00 pm
7U Developmental Team (Kids born between 5/1/14 and 4/30/15)
Tryout Dat: Friday, September 17th from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the AA Jr. Field (Sign-Up Sheet)
• These travel teams will participate in spring/summer travel league games and summer tournaments as well as offseason workouts.
• A second team may be added at an age level if sufficient interest/assistance exists.
• These are open tryouts for players and families who want to be part of a program that stresses teamwork, family, sportsmanship, and fundamentals. Please bring your gear (mitt, cleats, etc.) and a positive attitude to the tryout.
• These are competitive teams with limited rosters and not every player who tries out will be selected for a team. Players will be selected by the coaches based upon their play during the most recent season, the tryout, and the player’s ability to be a good teammate.
• Playing time and positions for these travel teams are at the sole discretion of the coaches.
• 2022 travel players (8U-12U) must be registered for and play in Central Amherst's 2022 House League.
• There is an additional cost beyond house league fees to participate on travel teams.
• Players should attend only one tryout date. If your child would like to try out for the team, but cannot make either of the dates listed above, please contact the appropriate coach in order to make other arrangements.
REGARDING WILLIAMSPORT "ALL STAR" TEAMS:
Our Williamsport Qualifier Tournament "All Star" teams (which require a separate tryout, as mandated by Little League) participate in the Little League District Tournament that leads to Sectional/State Tournaments at younger age levels and Regional/International Tournaments at the 12-year-old level. The International Tournament for 12-year-olds is held in Williamsport, PA.
• Central Amherst's travel teams are separate and distinct from our Williamsport "All Star" teams. Tryouts for the Williamsport "All Star" teams are held prior to the Little League District Tournament in June. Selection to the travel team does not guarantee selection to the Williamsport "All Star" team and vice versa. Williamsport "All Star" team schedules take priority over travel team schedules. If our Williamsport "All Star" teams advance, please be aware that travel team scheduling may be affected. In addition, please note that our travel teams comply with the standard April 30 birthdate cutoff, while Williamsport "All Star" teams comply with the birthdate cutoffs and age ranges established by Little League.